Deeply Dapper Dispatches Episode 72 - Show Notes and Timestamps
Every February, Devon typically watches the Friday The 13th films each day leading up to Valentine's Day, because that's how Devon rolls. This year, because there's pretty terrible choices of horror in the theater and because I haven't seen any of them in over a decade, we've decided to marathon them in chunks for the podcast! In part one, we watch the original, part 2 and part 3 - in 3D, of course!
Below are our timestamps for the assorted segments, some comments, links, videos and more fun stuff.
- 00:00 - Introduction and News
- Not much to discuss this week - we briefly touch on a few things, like Warwick Davis' birthday.
- 04:00 - Friday The 13th (1980)
- As it has always been, F13-1 is a great movie - really nicely shot, gorgeous setting and good acting from a crew of unknowns (At the time)
- 15:46 - Friday The 13th Part 2 (1981)
- A notable dip in quality here, with less appealing characters and a few silly twists but hey - Jason!
- 27:00 - Friday The 13th Part 3 - 3D (1982)
- I try to force my eyes to enjoy anaglyphic 3D movies in the name of slasher films. I mostly survive.....
That is pretty much it this week - short and sweet - we close out the show with a brief comment on IMDB's message boards shutting down and Contact Info.
We'll See You Next Wednesday!
That was our show! And now - videos and trailers that might correspond to the show in some way!
Want to reach out a slimy tentacle and talk to us? You can! We love hearing from listeners and we'll read your feedback on the show - correct us, tell us why we are awesome, or recommend some new (Or old) horror for us to experience!
If I were to make an old time cabinet of curiosity/carnival/Freak Show Enamel pin next… what three things would be at the top of your list?